Tuesday 5 June 2012

Longboard fins in the Making - Part 1


As a surfer, have you ever wondered what type of fin that suits your style and perform its best for you?

And as you continue to try out, over a period of times, you would ponder how may fins you have been collecting for years. And when you do a tally, you would nod that you have been spending an investments on FINs.

Well. I am not going to stop trying out different fins to suit my mood or surf condition. But I will stop spending on them, by making my own fins from now on.

I have started designing my own fin templates, by cutting out on papers for the design and combining the styles from multiple existing fins that I have, plus type of boards in my quiver.

I am now going through a process of cutting them out from plywood, then sand them out as proper templates. They are better patterns than normal papers.

Cant wait for this long weekend to make a mess from my garage, after resin and sanding.

Keep an eye on this space, Folks! More to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment